Beyond The Ring
junior livestock association
Beyond The Ring Junior Livestock Association By Laws
1.The BTRJLA points year will begin on January 1st of the current year and end on December 31st of the same year.
2. A BTRJLA members age will be determined by the age they are as of January 1st of the current points year.
3. BTRJLA membership is $50.00 per species (cattle, hog, lamb, goat) for a year. To become a member in 2 species is $100.00, 3 species $150.00 and for all 4 species $200.00.
4. A BTRJLA member can accumulate points on a limit of 1 animal (breeding or market) per species per show/ring. Members can show as many animals as they wish but will only count points on the top 1 animal per show/ring.
5. A BTRJLA members highest 10 shows/rings per species will count as the final points total for that given points year. Members can exhibit at as many BTRJLA sanctioned shows as they wish but only the highest 10 shows/rings will count towards their final points total.
6. Ties in the points standings will be broken based on the total number of BTRJLA points accumulated regardless of ring count.
7. BTRJLA will recognize 4 ages divisions in the points standings. Ages will be determined as of January 1st of the current points year.
Novice – 8 years of age and under
Junior – 9 – 12 years of age
Intermediate – 13-16 years for age
Senior – 17-21 years of age
8. BTRJLA National Awards Program
Top 10 in all 4 age divisions in all 4 species
Top 10 overall per species
Top 10 all-around across all species.
In the all-around points division BTRJLA members will be allowed to count points from all the species they are members.
9. BTRJLA Regional Awards Program
The BTRJLA will be divided into 5 regions:
Region 1 – Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
Region 2 – Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Montana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wyoming
Region 3 – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas
Region 4 – Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin
Region 5 – Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia
Depending on the number of members in each of the 5 BTRJLA Regions will determine the awards program for that region.
Regions with less than 250 members a top 10 in each species will be recognized (top 10 cattle, lamb, goat and hog)
Regions with 251-500 members a top 10 in combined age divisions (Novice and Junior age groups will be combined and Intermediate and Senior age groups will be combined) per species will be recognized.
Regions that have over 500 members a top 10 in all 4 age divisions per species will be recognized (top 10 novice, junior, intermediate, and senior in cattle, lamb, goat and hog.
10. BTRJLA State Awards Program
Depending on the number of members in each of the states will determine the awards program for that state.
States under 100 members – no awards program unless sponsored.
States with 101-250 members a top 10 in each species will be recognized (top 10 cattle, lamb, goat, and hog).
States with 251-500 members a top 10 in combined age divisions (Novice and Junior age groups will be combined and Intermediate and Senior age groups will be combined) per species will be recognized
States that have over 500 members a top 10 in all 4 age divisions per species will be recognized (top 10 Novice, Junior, Intermediate and Senior in cattle, lamb, goat and hog).
11. BTRJLA Show Sanctioning
All County Fairs, State Fairs and Major Shows are able to sanction with BTRJLA for free. Any individual, group or show may pay for any show (county, jackpot, state or national) to be sanctioned by the BTRJLA. Sanctioning Fees will be $50.00 per species regardless of the number of rings a show has it is still just a flat $50.00 fee per species. Whomever the party that agrees and pays the BTRJLA sanctioning fees for that given show/ring must fill out and submit the BTRJLA sanctioning form and pay the sanctioning fees 30 days prior to the show date and be responsible for getting the show manager to submit full and complete show results within 5 days after the show has been held.
12. BTRJLA Points System
Breeding/Market Animals Class Points
1st – 20 points
2nd – 18 points
3rd – 16 points
4th – 14 points
5th – 12 points
6th – 10 points
7th – 8 points
8th – 6 points
9th – 4 points
10th – 2 points
11th place and lower or exhibitors that didn’t receive a placing but are listed on the class results – 1 point
Breed /Division Champion – 10 points
Reserve Breed/Reserve Division Champion – 5 points
Grand Overall Champion – 20 points
Reserve Overall Champion – 15 points
3rd Overall – 10 points
4th Overall – 8 points
5th Overall – 5 points
Major Shows that are open to all exhibitors nationwide (NWSS, Cattleman’s Congress, American Royal, NAILE, and Arizona National) will count triple for points.
If a BTRJLA sanctioned show has more than 250 entires in a species it will count double for points.
13. BTRJLA Membership
BTRJLA will begin accepting members on October 1st prior to the points year beginning on January 1st of the following year. There is no minimum age limit and a BTRJLA cannot be older than 21 years of age on January 1st of the current points year to be eligible for membership. Each member will receive 10 points for joining the BTRJLA.
14. Protest of any kind must be submitted in writing within 5 days of the alleged rule violation with a $500.00 nonrefundable protest fee.
15. The BTRJLA reserves the right to accept, reject or partially accept any show results that are submitted to count towards the BTRJLA points. If a BTRJLA sanctioned show results legitimacy are questioned it will be left to the BTRJLA Executive Board to determine if the results in question are counted or not and that decision will be final.